Red Velvet - Mini Entremet with Dark Chocolate and Lazaris Kumquat Spoon Sweet and Lazaris Loukoum Kumquat
Lazaris Loukoums Kumquat in a delicious accompaniment of dark chocolate with an amazing tasteful result!
Ιngredients for mousse
- 250gr 55% chocolate couverture sliced into very small pieces
- 125gr milk 3.5% fat
- 100gr Lazaris Kumquat Loukoums (Greek Delight)
- 250gr heavy whipped cream 35%
- 150gr Lazaris Kumquat Spoon Sweet (chopped)
Ingredients for sable biscuit
- zest of fresh kumquat fruits
- 500gr pastry flour
- 250gr cow butter
- 125gr icing sugar
- 1 egg
- some salt
Instructions for biscuit
- Mix well butter and icing sugar whisking them until they turn white.
- Add egg, salt, vanilla and at the end flour in two stages.
- Between 2 baking sheets, roll the dough and cut small round biscuits about 6cm.
- Bake at 180Ο C for 15 minutes.
Instruction for mousse
- Whip heavy cream and leave it on the fridge.
- Heat milk and put Lazaris Kumquat Loukoums in it, till they melt. Strain mixture milk into chocolate and whisk with a hand mixer until ingredients are homogenized and make a ganache.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add cream.
- Use a round mold – sillikomat (photo)
- Put half amount of the mixture in the mold and add chopped kumquat fruit glaze. Then, add the rest of the mixture and leave the entremets in the freezer for one night.
- Next day, unmold the entremets and spray them with red cocoa butter to give a velvety texture (in this recipe is used Pavoni Italia Dolce Velluto). Place entremets above cookie.
Unmold the pastes carefully and spray with cocoa butter in red color to create a velvet texture. Place the pasta on the cookie. (Pavoni Italia Dolce Velluto was used in the recipe)
Special thanks to pastry chef Natasa Lepesi – Head Pastry Chef of Gramvousa Restaurant Chania Crete.