Meringue Nests with Kumquat Cream Filling
Tasty creamy koum quat inside meringue nests. A sweet delicacy that you can not resist !
Ingredients for the meringue:
- 120gr. egg white
- 300gr. powdered sugar
- Lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500ml milk
- 50gr. corn flour
- 100gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50ml Lazaris kumquat liqueur
- A vanilla stick
- Fresh kumquat zest
- 100gr. 35% heavy cream
- Mix egg whites and powdered sugar in a stainless steel bowl and then heat in bain-marie (double boiler) until they reach 65ο C.
- Pour mixture to mixer bowl and whisk until foamy and soft peaks start to form. Then add juice.
- Transfer meringue to a piping bag and form nests on baking sheet in a baking pan.
- Bake the meringues at 90 ° for 70 to 80 minutes.
- Make a patisserie, putting milk with sugar and vanilla in a saucepan until heat up.
- Put eggs with corn flour in a double boiler bowl, stirring. Pour some milk and when the mixture of milk is warmed up, pour it into the eggs mixture.
- Add kumquat zest and liqueur, stirring. Pour mixture into a shallow baking pan and cover it.
- Whip heavy cream and milk until fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag and fill the nests with the cream and top with chopped kumquat on top.
We thank pastry chef Ms. Natasa Lepesi for the recipe.