Corfu Jelleties with Lazaris Kumquat products
A delicious and filling breakfast, or even for an afternoon accompaniment of a hot coffee.
- 1 glass of warm water (the classic glass) 300g water
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 450g to 500g blue all-purpose flour (about as much as needed to absorb the water and make a thick paste!).
- Seed oil for the pan or corn oil or olive oil.
- Lazaris Kumquat Marmalade
- In a bowl, pour the lukewarm water, salt and baking powder and mix.
- add the flour until the mixture becomes a thick porridge!
- we leave it for 15' on the edge! as soon as it starts to bubble on its surface, it is ready for the pan!!!
- put a little flour on a work bench. with a spoon, pour a spoonful of porridge or a little more. We press it lightly so that it opens to about 1.5 points thick. If it sticks to our hands, sprinkle a little flour on its surface to make it open easier.
- as soon as the oil burns with a spatula, transfer it to the pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- place them on absorbent paper to drain the oil.
- serve on plates with kumquat jam and walnuts!!!
We thank pastry chef Ms. Natasa Lepesi for the recipe.