An unconventional tiramisu
A different tiramisu with flavors of Corfu: kumquat liqueur and jam but also mandola – the caramelized almonds! A very easy recipe for this rich, velvety dessert that everyone will love it!
- 200 ml Lazaris Kumquat Liqueur
- 3 packaged ladyfingers (or Savoiardi biscuits)
- 1 lt water
- 600gr mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
- 200gr strain yogurt
- 150gr icing sugar
- 600gr vegetable whipping cream
- 100gr Lazaris mandolas (mix taste: mint, kumquat, rose)
- 200gr Lazaris Marmalade Kumquat
- Beat the vegetable whipping cream, the mascarpone, the icing sugar and the strain yoghurt using a whisk attachment until completely combined.
- When ready, transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- In a separate bowl, pour 200ml of kumquat liqueur and water.
- Hold a ladyfinger and dip it into the mixture of liqueur for just a second. Lay in a pyrex baking dish. Repeat the same process until the bottom of the baking dish is covered with ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the cream over them. Cover with another layer of ladyfingers that have been dipped into the liqueur mixture just as before. Spread the remaining cream over them.
- Spread the kumquat marmalade over them.
- Crush mandolas and spread them on the top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, until the dessert sets and chills.
- Serve after you sprinkle with icing sugar.
We would like to thank chef Stelios Ioannides for his recipe.